Inflatable Kayak Reviews
by Sea Eagle
Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak with
The Sea Eagle 330 is an inflatable kayak that can handle up to class three whitewater, it uses 33 mil Polykrylar material for its hull with the seams fused together with a high frequency welder using 10,000 volts of power, the flooring has been stiffened with an I-beam construction for rigidity, plus a self bailing drain valve. It also features two molded skegs which are important for tracking smoothly across the water. Cheaper brands of inflatable kayaks that don't use skegs tend to wander across the water, compromising your paddling efforts.
The carry bag has plenty of room for kayak, paddles, and seats. Sea Eagle claim it weighs around 26 lbs but some customers say it weighs closer to 38 lbs, which is quite a difference. It might be that the 26 lbs claimed by Sea Eagle may not include accessories. It's relatively easy to set up taking only about 10 minutes to inflate with foot pump, and around 5 minutes to put away. The latest model has been upgraded with one way valves, which makes inflation so much easier.
Sea Eagle point out in their instructions to make sure the kayak is thoroughly dry before placing it back in its carry bag to avoid any mould growth. Some owners have found that it is easiest to pat dry when the kayak is partly inflated.
There is good amounts of storage space behind the rear seat and also at the front and rear of the kayak.
The paddles are made of aluminium which makes them quite strong but also lightweight, with curved blades, and are adjustable to suit your rowing style.
It can seat two adults comfortably with a total max weight of 500lbs. This is quite a good kayak for the money, if you don't have room to store a full size kayak at home and don't want to spend money on expensive roof racks, this kayak is the perfect solution. Also worth mentioning is that the Sea Eagle comes with a three year warranty.
- NMMA certified
- Self-bailing drain valve
- Three deluxe one-way valves
- Lashed down inflatable spray skirts
- I-beam construction floor
- Two skegs on the bottom for better tracking and speed
- Pressure gauge and repair kit
- Bow and stern grab line
- Interior measures 13 inches wide by nine feet, six inches long
- Exterior measures 34 inches wide by 11 feet, two inches long
- Nine-inch tubes
- Two-adult, 500-pound total weight capacity
- 26-pound weight
- Three inflated chambers in port, starboard, and floor
- 33 mil polykrylar hull material
- High frequency welded seams
- Inflated I-beam floor construction
- Assembles and inflated in approximately six minutes
Sea Eagle products include a limited three-year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.